Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm not a Vampire


As I mentioned yesterday, I made a cameo appearance in a video about vampires.  The next episode had me in a speaking role as the librarian who just might be a vampire.  We shot some of the scenes in our cabin where the students admired our digs (which I thought were pretty small).  Afterward, I fed them cookies and Nutella.  I never knew about Nutella until an early morning discussion with some of the early riser students.

They shot more scenes at sunrise (at 5 am) this morning.   I am happy to say that I am not the vampire.  I did have to be the stunt double to practice stabbing the vampire, but all is well.









Last night was a concert by the Explorer String Band.  This is a group of musicians that includes 3 faculty and 3 faculty family members.  They play bluegrass and a little jazz and are a very accomplished group.   Dan Sprau bought his string bass in China, and he had to get special permission to bring it on the ship because of its size.  It lives on the second bed of the ship's security officer when it's not being played.


Elsewhere on the ship, students and staff are working out to get ready for the return home.  Everyone wants a toned body to go with the tan.








Brazil is not far away, and we are only one hour ahead of the time zone in Virginia.  We made arrangements yesterday to rent a car to drive home.  That will  make it a lot easier to deal with all our stuff and give us time to decompress on the way home.  And yes, it will allow me to make up for a deficit of Dairy Queen Blizzards on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment