Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Introduction

My name is Warner Granade, and I will be the librarian for the Spring 2010 voyage of Semester at Sea. I am currently the Circulation Manager of Alderman Library at the University of Virginia. I have worked with students at UVA since 1984. Prior to that, I was the Business Librarian at the University of Tennessee. My educational background includes a BS in Business from Auburn (War Eagle) as well as an MS in Economics. I then went to UNC (Go Heels) at Chapel Hill and got a MSLS (library science).

My wife, Nancy Covert, will be accompanying me on the voyage. She is a professional horse trainer and riding instructor. She competes in dressage and 3-day eventing. She operates BlakelyFarm, our 47 acre horse facility outside Charlottesville Va. Nancy is a graduate of Kalamazoo College in Biology. Nancy will be happy to "talk horses" at any time on the voyage.

I enjoy playing golf as well as following the foxhounds on foot. I am a season ticket holder for UVA baseball, and baseball is one of the things I will miss while away. In addition to competitive riding, Nancy foxhunts and practices Bikram Yoga. We both spend a lot of time outdoors , gardening, birdwatching and doing farm maintenance and we are excited about the trip. This will be my first trip abroad. Nancy spent a semester abroad in France when she was in college.

We will happily adopt any student who needs a surrogate parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment