Friday, November 13, 2009

Learning the ship



The library on the ship is very centrally located, and previous librarians have informed me that much of the time in the early part of the voyage is spent directing students to places on the ship. I've been trying to memorize the layout. I know where the dining halls and bathrooms are and I'm sure I can get from the library to the faculty lounge in 5 seconds. Now if only I had a forward room on the 5th deck. The library is just outside the Union, so we'll see the students every day as they enter and exit for the Global Studies class. I feel useful already.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't even thought of memorizing the layout of the ship before getting onboard! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The library is certainly centrally located and you will find many students dropping by with questions. SAS librarians are always so cheerful and helpful, maybe because they don't seem to have quite as stressful a job as other staffers. Or maybe it's because they have such a strong background in being helpful to students. You're going to be great at this job and will LOVE it!

    I'll be following your blog, along with many others, as I always do. I'm a total SAS addict!
    I hope you'll keep it up and share your experiences, personal insights and feelings with the rest of us poor souls left behind.

    Marjorie
    LLL on S02, S05, S09

    ReplyDelete