Tuesday, December 22, 2009

San Diego Sustainability

As I mentioned in an earlier posting, sustainability is the theme for the voyage.

I've copied the following from that page:
We define sustainability as a "society of permanence"—a world in which humanity ensures its well-being across the generations by improving the stability of ecological and sociocultural systems. Achieving a sustainable society will require decisionmakers to address issues of scale, just distribution, and economic efficiency.

I've thought that I would incorporate this theme into my travels and seek out examples. So, as we prepare to depart for San Diego in a few weeks, I've looked into that city. Univ California at San Diego has many examples of how they study sustainability, but the more immediate example is the airport where we will be landing. They have incorporated sustainability into their organization and policies. Take a look at San Diego Airport Sustainability.

I think we will be starting off at a good place.

No comments:

Post a Comment